You’re thinking about investing in some real estate but feeling unsure about choosing the right type of property for your needs and your goals. Do you choose residential real estate, commercial, or something else like raw land or a new construction opportunity? Should you get into REITs or crowdfunding platforms? What is the best type of real estate to invest in?
The answer to those questions depends on a variety of factors. This quick guide to real estate investment opportunities can help you narrow down which type of property investment is best for you.What’s the best type of real estate investment? Learn the best types of real estate to invest in, plus our top pick for high returns. Click To Tweet
Depends On Your Needs
Your location, the current market, your chosen investment strategy, and your budget should all play a role in your decision. Other individual circumstances like your experience managing investment properties, level of time commitment, and your long-term goals can influence can factor into your choice.
Types of Investment Opportunities
Not all opportunities are created equal. Here’s a list of the most common real estate investment opportunities:
- Residential Real Estate: This is the most common type of real estate. It includes a range of types from single-family homes to multi-unit rental properties.
- Commercial Real Estate: These properties refer to buildings like offices and business buildings. It can also refer to some large apartments and residential housing properties.
- Raw Land & New Construction: These real estate properties are (as the name suggests) unworked land/areas set for new construction. Raw land is great for people who want full control over how their property looks.
- Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs): These are companies that do the investing for you. Instead of you owning the property outright, you are investing in the company, much like a stock
- Crowdfunding Platforms: Typically reserved for wealthier investors, these are riskier options. They offer investors access to assets with the potential for high returns. Crowdfunding platforms also have a risk for fraudulent schemes.
Our Pick: Multifamily Residential Investing
Multifamily residential properties include apartments, duplexes, and condominiums. We recommend this type to real estate investors because of the potential for many steady rental income streams. Having many streams of income helps you diversify your take-home pay. Multifamily residential properties are also eligible for a variety of tax breaks.
If it sounds like a huge endeavor, it is. However, investing in a multifamily residential property doesn’t have to be difficult. Bran Real Estate Services is a one-stop shop for both investment sales and multifamily property management. This means once you are set up with your investment, you can know you are working with people who care about you. Let us handle all the difficult stuff so you can relax.
Let Bran Help You
Considering an investment in a Houston area property? We’re here to help you navigate the entire process, from selection to sale to ongoing property management.
Contact us today for more information.